If You Get a Traffic Ticket, Bring It to Us
KC Road Lawyers will work to help you keep traffic ticket convictions off of your record.
We strive to keep the process simple for you.
It will take just a few minutes of your time to get a quote on a simple traffic ticket case. Contact us to get a quote. Leave the legal stuff to us! We will work to help you avoid paying the thousands in insurance rate increases that generally result from traffic convictions.
As your attorney on a traffic ticket, KC Road Lawyer Chris Benjamin can help you avoid having to appear in Court, a possible conviction, the assessment of points against your driver’s license, or a warrant for your arrest. We can help you avoid hassling with increased insurance premiums resulting from the traffic ticket.
KC Road Lawyers have 30 years combined legal experience in handling traffic legal matters. We have handled thousands of traffic tickets on behalf of our clients in the Kansas City area and across the State of Missouri.
In those cases where a plea bargain is not available, KC Road Lawyers has the experience and know-how to offer our clients a strong and aggressive defense in trial.
What Happens if You Mail in a Missouri Speeding Ticket Before Contacting an Experienced Attorney
- You will in effect be pleading guilty to the traffic charge.
- You will be assessed three points for most speeding violations greater than five miles over the posted speed limit and two points for most other moving violations.
- This will be reported as a conviction for a moving violation on your drivers’ record regardless of the state you are licensed in.
- If this is reported as a conviction for a moving violation on your driver’s record, this will most likely result in an increase in your insurance premiums.
- If you send in the traffic ticket with a “not guilty” plea, you must appear in Court to resolve the matter. If you forget to go to Court, a warrant may be issued for your arrest and your driver’s license may be suspended.
- If you go at it alone disputing a traffic ticket in court, you may have to go to court 2 or 3 times before you get a trial. During the trial, the prosecutor will have the opportunity to ask you questions about the traffic stop in what is known as cross examination and you will need to present your evidence as to your side of the story.
Paying a Speeding Ticket in Missouri or Being Found Guilty for a Speeding Ticket Could Lead to Higher Insurance Premiums
Moving violations add points to your driver’s license, which can lead to serious long-term consequences, including increased insurance rates and, potentially, the revocation of your driving privileges. Receiving a single traffic ticket could raise your car insurance premium by as much as 20%!
If you are concerned with the negative effect your ticket will have on your insurance rates and driving record, you should hire an experienced traffic attorney as soon as possible.
Accumulating Points on a Missouri License
A speeding ticket written as a violation of state law will result in 3 points being assessed to the driver’s license. If the ticket is written as a violation of a municipal ordinance 2 points will be assessed. If you receive 8 points in 8 months, you could have your license suspended for 30 days. If you receive 12 points in 12 months, a one-year revocation will occur. After a full year of driving conviction free, 1/3 of the points will be removed from your driving record. After the 2nd year of driving conviction free, half of the rest of the points will be removed. After the third consecutive year of driving conviction free, the remaining points will be removed.
Leave the Legal Stuff to Us!
You can depend on KC Road Lawyers to provide sound advice and aggressive representation at all stages of the legal process including handling your traffic ticket. Contact us today if you get a traffic ticket.